Videos of all workshops are now online, so you can view them anytime, day or night, from the comfort of your home.
- Fun with Facts
- Spelling for Success
- The Writing Process
- Marvelous Math
- What's Your Philosophy?
- Principles of Good Teaching
- What Your Elementary Child Really Needs to Know
Interested in an in-person workshop for your group? Although I no longer seek engagements, I respond to invitations when possible. Send me an e-mail and I'll let you know if or when we plan to visit your area. We live in Alaska and spend winters near the Salton Sea in southern California. I can present a general workshop or a day of workshops.
Generally, I charge only for my expenses, not my time. This is possible because I bring books. There's no requirement that anyone purchase anything. The ideas I present are in the books, but no books are necessary to implement the ideas. Usually enough people are interested in books to enable me to offer free workshops, making it a win-win-win situation.
When I have only an hour to spend with a group, I share selected best ideas for teaching with less effort and more success. Get an upward spiral of student success and teacher satisfaction started using fun and effective ideas you can implement tomorrow!
In this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Set up a learning environment that nurtures the excitement of learning.
- Use the five basic ways of organizing information to help students build a solid framework of knowledge.
- Teach and reinforce facts, including math facts, in ways that build confidence through early success.
- Make a "book" from a single sheet of paper.
- Encourage higher level thinking with mapping, graphing and time lines.
- Teach spelling and mechanics efficiently, in ways that translate into improved first-draft writing.
- Structure time to get the best return for your investment of time and energy.
I really enjoyed this class. It is great to take a "nuts and bolts" class from someone with real classroom experience who knows how it feels to work with real kids! I appreciate the way you try to get the most mileage from everything in terms of efficiency. —Barbara M., teacher
Here's a schedule several groups have used for a "Day of Workshops" with one more or less philosophical talk and four take-and-use talks. Some groups charge a small fee to cover refreshments and other costs.
Thanks so much for coming and sharing with us. You are always so enthusiastic that I catch some of it from you. I look forward to seeing you again. —Kim W., home school mom
Go on to the Fun with Facts workshop
Source: www.SusanCAnthony.com, ©Susan C. Anthony